UK study Career options Business and management
Business and management
- gain first-hand experience of a dynamic, entrepreneurial business culture
- undertake work placements for multinational organisations
- be part of business school enterprise start-up ‘incubator’ projects
- gain first-class English language for business knowledge and an understanding of how business is conducted in different cultures.
Transferable skills gained:
- effective communication with other people
- the ability to work well in a team
- business acumen
- problem-solving ability
- flexibility and adaptability
- digital and electronic communication technique
- leadership skills.
Top ten skills desired by management recruiters:
1. Determination and dedication
2. Exceptional people skills
3. Excellent communications skills
4. Ability to work with people at all levels and lead by example
5. High level of motivation
10. Aspirations to rise to a leadership role at a senior level.
In the same area, you could:
- work in a wide range of businesses, join a management consultancy or set up your own business
- get a place on a management training scheme (offered by many international organisations)
- improve your skills by further postgraduate study. You could then enter employment at a higher level or teach at a business school or university
- specialise by studying for professional qualifications awarded by professional bodies.
Related areas you can move into:
- estate management
- retail and leisure management
For information and advice about graduate careers in the UK, go to the TARGETjobs website.