UK study Career options Building and planning
Building and planning
Your UK course will give you the opportunity to:
- become experienced in project work, working through problems and seeing a task through to the end
- undertake industrial placements or internships with some of the UK’s leading organisations
- take advantage of state-of-the-art technological facilities and to develop your computer skills
- communicate effectively with your fellow students and develop your contacts through networking
- develop interpersonal skills through teamwork.
Transferable skills gained:
- an eye for detail and the ability to produce and follow specifications
- a logical, practical mind with good spatial awareness
- excellent communication skills, in particular the ability to convey a vision or sell an idea
- IT knowledge
- good teamworking skills
- ability to meet deadlines and juggle priorities
- the ability to adapt to different working conditions.
In the same area, you could:
- work as a building surveyor
- undertake further study and training to become an architect, an engineer or a chartered surveyor.
Related areas you can move into:
- estate agency
- health and safety.
For information and advice about graduate careers in the UK, go to the TARGETjobs website.